LISTEN TO WHAT I'M SAYING!!! (BACK SLIDDER, RAPPER)

          

Let me introduce myself, I am a voice in the wilderness, and I’m here to tell you, these days Christ's Holy Spirit is bringing it and not playing with it!                                                                                                                         
I’ve always been an admirer of Hip-Hop and the rap game while being born in Brooklyn and schooled in Queens, I heard the voices of the ghetto surrounding me. I remember the cries of my fellow brethren’s looking for identity and ways to escape the crime and adversity, many were consumed by it, others took it to the street corners spitting about their passions, trials, and tribulation. When it caught fire, it was like a forest fire, we were excited to see it reach the entertainment industry…Yep… BET and MTV. Everybody was prideful growing up in it, living it, loving it, seeing all the videos, fancy cars, haircuts, and girls dancing their butts off. I didn’t mean to bring you through memory lane but listen to what I’m saying!

That was yesterday but today I have been redeemed and bought for a price, that’s right! It’s all about Jesus Christ. I use to walk among chicks but now, I fly among eagles but wait! check my altitude, this isn't normal!...I'm flying higher than them too...My wings so broad, you have to step back to see my wingspan from end to end. I can go on and on, about my testimony and how I wanted to be an MC, but this is not about me and my message is to the youth who have the majesty’s crown of the rap industry. First I want to remind my Afro-Americans, have you forgotten where your blessings come from. It started with your ancestor’s unceasing prayers and their anointed dancing during slavery.

Now! For the rest of my cultured family, in south Africa and &the Caribbean islanders, where are those preparing the way for the next generation! We are all together in this, so let’s refocus or we won’t survive this self-dissolving circus. I mentioned Jesus Christ before and he’s my motivation and inspiration, especially in my prayers, hoping for a change in the next generation. It's sad! the little that they know and what’s about to hit them. What disturbs me most is seeing and hearing brothers profess Christ on Monday and denying him by Friday. I’m not one who can judge because who judges will be judged and every man and woman has to live out their own testimony. I'm just asking, what life are you living? Better yet, what message are you're sending?

I hear your lyrics, clearly your gifted, the way your words spring off your lips like machine-gun bullets spraying, it’s crazy, you just keep bringing it. It’s an art form and I realize it and appreciate it, but all I can think about is the youth listening and being confused by it. In their hearing about Jesus reaching and snatching you out of the fire, yet your lyrics catch fire after heating up in battle. I can hear the perversion in your flesh, starving your Spirit Man and leading your soul to feed on pride while digesting iniquity and holding in your right hand, your old nature. Still, I can’t judge you, but try to understand and listen to what I’m saying. Please don’t slide back for the falling is hard and so is getting back up. 

Remember the race is not for the swift or faint but for those strong enduring in faith. Please hear me, don’t allow the devil to bate you with his greed and hate, it only leads to betrayal, it's like the movie passion with Judas kiss all over again. The second time around is the hardest, just ask Peter Simon, he denied Christ 3 times, at the rooster's crow, putting Christ on the cross again, this is not the way because it only leads to your disgrace. I hope my words are received genuinely because I refuse to sit and watch another brother, fall like Adam and Eve in the garden...                             

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!                          

WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO?










Popular posts from this blog

POWERFUL & EFFECTIVE PRAYERS

NO LOVE!!!

PEN OR PENCIL???